Sunday, January 31, 2010

VLCD Day 14 *Goodbye 200*

199.8
Total loss = 14.2 pounds

A letter to my Self-Sabotage (self) from my Self-Controlled (self)

You've reached an important milestone.  You're under 200 pounds.  
This is a milestone not easily attained, and here you are, at it again (for the 2nd time).  
We both know what happened a few days ago when we reached this goal- 
and we both know how terrible we felt when you let it slip away.  
You can't be trusted, so I'm taking over.  
No more excuses! 
 For the rest of our life- we WILL stay under the 200 pound mark.  
I personally enjoy the benefits from having a slimmer body, 
and I would like to work toward seeing the scale drop lower and lower.  
There will be no more sabotages.  You're out of the game. 
 Pack your bags- I'm through with you.  It's Self-Control the rest of the way.  
Adios for EVER!

________________________________________________

Yesterday my little sister and I went to our baby sister's Baby Shower.  During the 30+ minute drive down there, I had to smell my little sister's McDonald's left-overs, her Flipz Pretzels, and I gazed at the package of cashews she had in the console.  They (the cashews) were all but sticking their tongue out at my taunting "nanny-nanny-boo-boo-you-can't-eat-me"!  

I had a protein shake (Jay Robb).  It wasn't scrumptious.  I chugged it super fast.  Maybe it's an aquired taste?  Either way- it's my option for working toward not being miserably sick and tired and whiney during this protocol.  (It helped!)  I was still hungry afterward.  

I drank my water.  

At the Shower, there were pizza rolls (croissants with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese) baking in the oven, filling the air with toxic fumes of deliciousness.  There were pigs in blanket.  Chips and Salsa.  A fruit bowl with watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple.  And there was cake!  

I drank my water.

I was in charge of cutting that cake.  Icing and cake remnants sticking to my fingers- waiting to be licked off when I was finished.

I washed my hands.  And....... drank. my. water.   I ate my apple.  (the one I brought from home- the one that saved me from eating my water cup)

When we were finished I went to Chick Fil A.  I had to explain to that poor little boy at the cashier station that I needed a salad- just lettuce- nothing else- and grilled chicken.  No more.  "What kind of dressing would you like?"  Nope.  Just lettuce.  Just Chicken.  I can't have anything else.  He was so confused.

It was super-duper yummy, too!  Best salad EVER.  Just lettuce.  Just chicken.  No dressing.  Still.... so VERY good!  I also ordered a large coffee, too.  (P.S. Coffee is the best appetite suppressant!  Black coffee.  No sugar/splenda/sweetner.  No milk/cream/lightener)

And at home- after we finally got back- I switched it up and ate cottage cheese for dinner.  1/2 cup.  Yes-oh-YES it was delicious!

And all of it payed off in a non-traditionally hCG diet way.  It worked for ME!   And I feel extra encouraged to keep working toward the slimmer-side rather than giving up and staying in the chub.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on leaving the twos behind! Massive success at the baby shower, too. I probably would have avoided the event if I could have in the first place, but not only did you go, you triumphed over all the "what the hell" temptations out there.

    Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your out of the two's :) Good for you!!

    I walked in to church today and someone had brought cheese grits. I'm a southern girl...must we bring cheese grits people?? At least you don't get fat smelling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle- Thank You!!! I want the two's to be gone forever!! If I could've avoided the event- I'd have stayed at home for sure!!!
    Lisa- seriously- cheese grits- OH wow! I'm a southern girl, too. Us southerners know how to make fattening food, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on arriving in ONEderland! You are doing great!! You were so strong when you needed to be and you will continue to be strong.

    What is it with our sister's eating this crap in front of us!?

    ReplyDelete