Tuesday, January 26, 2010

VLCD Day 7

Two-OH-One.
Sweetness.  201.  Another pound gone.

How 'bout that?  I'm seeing the result of 13 pounds missing from my body, and it's very satisfying.

Eh.  I'm still a porker.... but?... a 13 pound LIGHTER porker- so I'm cool with it.  And my chub is distributing itself so nicely, and so balanced.

It's still hard.  And I'm still struggling with NOT eating other foods.  I wanted a cookie so bad this afternoon when I allowed the girls to polish off the last 4 of the cookies in the bag.  I only have 3 girls.  There was ONE left over.  Just one couldn't hurt me, right?  Wrong.  I managed to break that 4th cookie into third's so the girls  could share it.

My 6 year old is my little accountability partner- with out me even having to ask her to be.  When I told them they could have a cookie, she said "Who's going to get the last one?  You can't have it.  IT's sugar... AND it's wheat..."

And when I was eating lunch, she looked at my plate and asked "Is that meat made out of wheat or sugar?  Are you allowed to be eating that?"

I sliced a few pieces of cheese for the girls to have (yet another) snack, and walked around with that cheese in my hand- preparing to take  a bite.  LUCKILY I was on the phone, and I was waiting to take a bite of it for when I wasn't mid-conversation.  Just as I was bringing it to my mouth, I felt my hand pull away... "WHOA!!!" I almost eat a piece of cheese!  Ahhhh!!!  I still have to get used to this very limited diet.

Today's Foods:
Small Organic Apple
Laura's Lean Burger (grilled- 4 oz.)  I confess.  I had some organic ketchup, too. Yum.  It was good.
Pickle
Grilled Chicken topped with Salsa (tomatoes, garlic, pepper, acv, nothing else added)
Green Beans flavored with garlic
Clementine

I've still had a hard time drinking the water I'm suppose to drink through out the day.  I think I just forget to chug.  So- again- it's later on in the evening that I'm trying to compensate for my lack of focus in the H2O consumption.

On another note- this protocol allows for specific food in specific amounts.

I have had the hardest time with 'little beggars' during my meal time.  "Mommy- can I have that apple" (yes- the very apple I'm in the middle of eating- my answer is "uh- you JUST had an apple- this is my breakfast")  or  "Mommy- can you let me have just one piece of that clementine?"  "Mommy?  Can I have some chicken, too" (you already had lunch!!!)

 This was a problem before I started eating VLC, but I just used it as an excuse to help myself to 'seconds'.  "Well?  I didn't get to eat all of my dinner.  I had to share it.... I guess I'll have another piece of cake."

Golly-gee I'm hungry!

I keep telling myself  "Stick with it- that it's gonna be worth it."  And then I battle with my "other" self that says "No way 'Jose, there's no way you can do this another 31 days."

Every morning that I get on that scale and see another pound gone, I feel encouraged and ready to start another day's battle by the time I work my way into the kitchen and drink my super-dark-roasted black coffee.  (Which, by the way, did I mention I have 3 kids that keep me super crazy busy?  I almost NEVER get to finish a cup of coffee while it's still hot.  I miss those days.  Hot coffee.  There's not substitute.  Lukewarm doesn't really make the cut.)

So-  there's my Day 7.  I haven't been in love with this whole protocol aside from seeing the scale move- and if I discount the exhaustion and the headaches, and the hunger pangs, I'd say this was the awesomest diet EVER!

(P.S. I have heard tale that 'stay at home mom's have it much harder because they exert way more energy chasing around their little chit-lens (children for the non-southerner)'.

IF there is anyone reading this that feels discouraged by my whiney-whine, just consider that I am in a constant state of mental and physical exhaustion aside from being on the hcg protocol.  Hcg just makes it a little tougher cause I lack the extra 'pick me up'  from extra calories I was used to getting)









Avg. per day loss: 1.85 pounds
Beginning Weight: 214
Weight Today: 201

No comments:

Post a Comment