Tuesday, January 19, 2010

VLCD Day 1

So... phew!!!!  Loading is OVER!

Never thought I'd feel relieved to NOT eat fat, but after allllll the stuff I've HAD to eat for the past 2 days, I can honestly say that the thought of steak, Wendy's, guacamole and oreos makes me nauseas.  Really.

So far.  So good.  I'm not hungry.  It's 11:00.  I've had coffee.  I've had apple sauce.  I've had water.

I'm good.

Don't get me wrong- this is just day 1.  I'm not expecting to be craving-free all together, but the rebel in me by now would have already eaten the last 10 oreos out of the bag.  Just cause I 'wasn't suppose to'.  Stinky rebel.  I hope I lose that part of me along side the 25+ pounds I expect to lose over the next 38 days.

We.  Shall.  See.

12:00 PM

I'm getting hungry.  I'm not suppose to yet....  am I?

I also KNOW that I have some sort of blood sugar issues.  Hypo-glycemic sort of.

I'm going to break out the 4 oz. lean-burger and the spinache in just a few minutes- and see if that curbs the hunger pangs.

Lucky for me... and I MEAN THIS.... I love water!  I love. LOVE. LOVE drinking water.  It's best with crushed ice and lemon.  But- I can chug a 20 oz. room temp bottle of water in 5 minutes and uncap another one with out any issues.  I love water.

On this protocol, I can have one lemon per day.  I'll wedge it out and put lemon in my water through out the day.  Thankfully- very thankfully- I've never been a big sweet tea or cola/soda drinker.  I won't have to go through the detox.

12:45
Ate my lean-burger and spinache.  I seasoned the spinache with garlic red pepper seasoning and vinegar.  It was GOOD!!  I'm full.  Totally completely full.  My nose, however, is sniffing the Chicken Florentine pasta (Kashi) that my girls are having for lunch, and I'm in a confused mode of 'not hungry' but I want to eat cause it smells so good.  For dessert- they get oreos.  I'll be glad to have that empty bag in the trash can.  

So far, SparkPeople.com is saying that I've consumed 224 calories.  Half way through my day.  I mean- it's 1:00 now.  Typically, I'm up til 1 or 2 AM.  I assume this will limit my late night hours.  I won't have the ability to stay awake.  All my food source will have expired after dinner.

My plan for this afternoon is to take an apple with me during our outing.  Just in case.  You know- JUST in case Chick Fil A says... "Come to me my sweet.... Come to me... I will give you sustanance.  I will give you Waffle Fries!"

And dinner plans:  Hopefully around 6:00 I can convince myself to eat my 4 oz. portion of grilled chicken and green beans (seasoned with ???? no clue!) while my family eats their 'regular' food- aka- LEFT OVERS!  Hah haha.  Then again- left overs for them tonight is T-Bone Steak and Roasted Garlic Potatoes- they're getting a good deal.

I'll weigh myself in the morning and maybe it'll tell me something awesome!

The deal with this diet is that one should lose around 1 pound per day.   Ohhhh.  It's like Christmas!  What will the end of this 40 day journey bring me??

No comments:

Post a Comment