Friday, January 29, 2010

VLCD Day 11.... *Sick*

Weighing in (back) at 200.6 lbs.

I don't even know where I'm at on the weight loss schedule.   I don't even know that I'm accurate on the "day" I'm on.  It's all confusing at this point.

 Today- of all days- of ALL times..... TODAY I got sick.  Layed up.  Can't move.  Fever.  Harshly SICK!

So?  What did I do- to try to feel better?  Ah HA!  You guessed it.  I ate.  Food.  Real food.  NOT v.l.c. food. NOT hcg friendly food.  I ate food.  Peanut butter.  Cheese.  Food. Food. Food.

And, of course, it did NOT make me feel better- like I had hoped.  I was 'tricked' into thinking that NOT eating was why I was sick!!   Eating... sure....I got a bit more energy, which meant I was able to change a few diapers in-between my 'wipe-outs-on-the-couch'.  And I was all foggy in my brain, and feverish and pitiful.  But- eating didn't make me feel wholly better.

I slept in the bottom bunk in my girls' room- while they were supposedly napping, too.  I slept on the couch while they played (fought, screamed, squealed, and tormented one another) in the play room.  I slept.  And drank water.  And ate food that I thought would perk me up more.  I had coffee.  I had tea.  I had a truck run me over, and then just for good sport- back up and run me over again. Oh- no, wait.  That didn't actually happen.  I felt like it did.   Oh?  What was I talking about again?  RIGHT!  Being sick.  foggy in my brain... and totally PITIFUL.   Whahhh.

Of all days to get sick.  Of all TIME periods to get sick.  This was just totally inconvenient for me.  Needing to get on and stay on track with this protocol- that's hard enough!!!!
But?  To add insult to painful injury;  Here in our part of the world- we had a winter weather advisory.  'Go stock up- you may be stuck at home for days...' said they.   Um?  Ya.  I couldn't do ANYTHING more than sleep, eat, and stumble through getting the girls taken care of.   Go? OUT?!!  Baah ha ha hahaha!  No.

I'm back tracked again.  Geeeesh!!!!   I hate this protocol a LOT.  IT's hard.  And it's likely I'm going to wake up in the morning weighing like 5 pounds more than I should.  I didn't actually eat that much food- but- I've heard horror stories of folks eating and then gaining a terrible amount of weight back 'cause the hCG is like a fat-soaker-upper.  And I had high fat foods, too.  Cheese.  Lord-have-mercy.  Cheese!!!!  That stuff's bad.

Oooh- if I'm not blogging for the next few days; assume one of the following:
* Power outage due to ice storm
*Still under that truck that ran me over
*I may be eating cheese- and peanut butter- and feel too ashamed to talk about it.

By the way.  This goes out to the  other Senna Tea drinkers:  Are you kidding me with the contraction-like-labor-pain after that tea kicks in?     Goodness.  Is that just me?

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! That's rough getting sick like that. Just get back on the wagon...and try not to eat any more things you aren't supposed to.

    You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete