Saturday, January 30, 2010

VLCD Day 12

Woke up this morning weighing 3 pounds more than I did the day before...

2-0-3

I don't believe the scale, though.  It can not be possible to gain 3 pounds in one day- especially with the food that I ate.  I mean?  In order to put on ONE pound, one has to eat 3500 calories.  I don't even think I broke the 1500 calorie mark through out the entire day yesterday- cheese, peanut butter and all!!!

I don't like this protocol one-single-bit.  One pound per day is a sweet loss IF you can pull it off- and most people can.  But as I've said time and time again during these last 12 days- I FEEL LIKE CRAP.  I feel awful.  I miss being able to clean my house and not fee like I'm going to DIE afterward.

A lot of people feel great during the process.  Really-Truly.  I think I may be one of the very few that respond poorly.  It may be that I have 3 kids that I chase around day in and day out.  It may be that I'm a total wimpy wimp-WIMP.  Who knows?

I read a blogger that said she was going to a clinic- and the clinic had her on a 500 calorie diet PLUS a protein shake 3 times per day.   Hmmmm....  PROTEIN; or the lack there of-  may really be what's freaking my body out.

I'm either going to give up all together, because being skinny isn't worth what I've been feeling   OR  I am going to try the protein shake method.  I found an Egg White protein by Jay Robb that is all completely natural, ONLY 120 calories... added potassium and 24 grams of protein.  I may try it.  

4 comments:

  1. The program you are on may not agree with your body. You have not failed...not all programs work for all people. Weight fluctuates for all kinds of reasons unrelated to food.

    You may have to try a different way of eating. You should not feel like crap everyday!! Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about the Jay Robb protein shake things.

    Do what you need to do...if you need more protein...then add small amounts till you feel better.

    What proteins are you eating? Maybe you need some with more protein for the calories. Are you eating any steak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie- I had a Jay Robb shake today- and totally awesomely felt better. I mainly eat chicken and fish and every other day eat a Laura's lean burger patty. I think it was a lack of protein and calories that hurt so bad. we'll see tomorrow as I test out another Jay Robb. (they're not super yummy- but I held my nose and chugged)

    ReplyDelete