Wednesday, January 27, 2010

VLCD Day 9

Which one is it?   199.6?  200?  200.6?

Well?

.......The first 3 (three) times I weighed myself, the scale rang in at One-Ninety-Nine point Six.  199.6. doo dee doo 199.6  Whoo Hooo Hoo.

 And then the two year old came in the bathroom while I was weighing myself for the 4th time (Is that obsessive?) And the scale said 200.6.

 I know, right?!?!  Just adding a 2 year old to the room made me weigh more, huh?!?!   Nah.  She had put her hand on my leg trying to step on the scale, too.  It altered the scales reading.  Silly-Girl.

So my 5th weigh in said 200 even.  Psh.  How weird.  I should have just stuck with the first 3 times as my weight- but- after yesterday I was super skeptical that I actually lost anything at all.  EVEN if it was just 0.4 pounds.  

And I have to confess something else.  (Cringe!!!)  I caved last night and had a small bowl of cereal.  With milk.  AND a banana.  Ahhhh.  I was Praising Jesus the whole time.  This is the best food ever.  Ever!  I am so glad I did it, too.  I really am.  I was craving a banana in such a painful way.  I think I needed every extra nutrient.....  in every ounce of that bowl.  

The thing I feel the most guilty and ashamed of about yesterdays cheat is that piece of chicken sandwich I had.  It was made from bread.  I am not suppose to be having bread- PERIOD.  Even if I wasn't on this protocol, I have decided to ultimately stay away from gluten.  No gluten-  Limited Corn. Limited Rice.  So- I do,  for sure,  feel guilt about that.  My cereal was corn.  And oat.  Aaaaand banana!!

I honestly feel a zillion times better this morning, too.  This is a lesson to me.  If there is a HEALTHY food item that is creating a serious craving- I'm just going to go with it, moderately.

  I will do it- not expecting to lose as much (as fast)-  but I can't deprive my body of key nutrients either.  I'm in this protocol, fully-commited, but I'm not gonna be stupid and ignore my body.  I also realize that I am not being so great at fully consuming my veggies.  Cause like- my veggie options are a bit limited to my taste buds.  Spinach.  Celery.  Green Beans.  Cucumber.  That's it. I don't think I like anything other than those 4.

I also drank a whole-lotta water yesterday.  And herbal tea.  LOTS of herbal tea.

So- the official weigh in today??  I'm just gonna go with 200.  No loss.  I don't want to get discouraged if I wake up in the morning and find the scale is being stubborn just because I misjudged it's accuracy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...I HATE when my scale does that? Does it not know how important accuracy is for crying out loud?!?

    ReplyDelete