Thursday, January 21, 2010

VLCD 3... continued

Ya.  It's late.  Real LATE.  I've been  YOU-TUBING the hCG 'vloggers'.

I got sort of caught up in it; and after a few hours (HOURS) I've decided I'm a little bit scared.  Seriously.

This diet (protocol, whatever you wanna call it) is hands down NO JOKE totally something that works really well.  Can we go back a two days?  I LOST 5 pounds in ONE day!!!  It's doing something right.

BUT!!!!   IT's not a miracle diet.  The folks that did the hCG on Youtube went from chub to slim and it totally showed on all their awesome vids.  Hooray!

There were a few- however- that decided to get honest with the world and they posted updated videos.  The bottom line- several hCG(ers) are gaining their weight back during the 3rd and 4th phase of the 'protocol'.  And they are repeating the protocol... round 1 (that's where I'm at- 1st time hCG round) and there are some that have gone up to round 7 and round 8.  That's crazy!!!

Phase 1 (Detox)  I didn't do it- it's not required.
Phase 2 (VLCD) I'm doing it now
Phase 3 (for 3 weeks) NO sugar.  NO starch.
Phase 4 Maintain (NOT eat junky junk crap food)

Easy enough?  No.  Not so much.

We are chubbers in need of weight loss cause we're ADDICTED to food, people!
 Food calls my name- I am tempted day in and day out.

 I have THREE kids.  NOT just kids, 3 girls.  Ages 6, 4, and TWO (2).  I stay at home with these amazing girls-of-mine.  I home school.  Those are the ages of peanut butter and jelly, grapes, cereal, soup, 'gold-fish' and granola bars... snack. snack.  snack... SNACK....and all those other awesome comfort foods that make me sooo hungry (MY stomach is growling grotesquely as I type this).

All of this to say that fighting the chub is not just about a diet.  It's about a life.

Just like the alcoholic that can NOT have a beer- us weight losers have to decide what we absolutely can NOT have.  What sets off the binge?  Ice cream?  Chocolate?  Pasta?  Bread? (oh- there goes my stomache growling again).

I'm pondering a lot during this protocol.  What sets me off?  Bread!!! Wheat!!!. Cake.  Cookies.  Muffins. Pasta.  Mmmmm!!!  (ok- I have GOT to quit thinking of food.  My stomach may eat itself.)

Sugar- not so much.  Sugar- combined with bread- and "HELLO, Binge."

I strangely feel better on this diet than on any other thing I've ever done (food restriction wise).  My body is cleansing itself of CRAP.  I'm forced into self-control (well? Not forced- but I'm using self-control, which is something I've really never done in excess before).  And what is not something I've had during the past 3 days?  Wheat. Bread.  Pasta...... and so on the belly growls.

Blah blah blah.  I'm too tired to be making any kind of sense.

I feel affected by  fellow women that are in constant battle with the scale and the closet-full-of-hateful-clothes-that-won't-fit-right.

I don't think hCG is the answer for weight loss- nor is phenteremine- or the Atkins diet- or South Beach- or whatever!    I think the answer is to FIND something that is going to work for the rest of your life.

For me?  hCG is a mere practice of self-control.  It's a kick start in getting some pounds off- which totally enables me to see a direct reward for (aforementioned) self-control; this is how I am able to keep up the practice.  Seeing results!

I've already made a decision for Phase 4.  The 'maintentance' It's like 3 months away- but I'm trying to plan-ahead.  I can NOT have wheat.  Nope.  None.  None-At-All.  I had already determined almost 2 years ago- through various health articles and online research, etc. etc. that wheat- according to my body chemistry- is like a 'poison'.

I believe it.  It is like a poison.  It's my 'heroine' and 'alcohol'.  I can't go back to it.

I'm in rehab right now.

Rehab.  Hmmm.  

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand how you feel being home with the fridge all day. My boys are in school, but I stay home...so I can pick them up, be here when school is out...etc.

    That has been the biggest fight for YEARS. Lose weight while home with my fridge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is stalking who now?

    I feel the exact same way about feeding the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I'm glad I'm not alone. They really should have a "Food Addicts Anonymous" somewhere- shouldn't they? With a 12 step program on what to do when we want to give in.

    Wait? IS Weight Watchers a hidden form of the F.A.A? Hmmmm.... Accountability and the realization that I'm not the only one struggling is extremely important during this weight loss journey. Maybe I should join weight watchers and go to weekly 'meetings'.

    Nah. Maybe not. That's what blogs are for!

    ReplyDelete