Monday, February 1, 2010

VLCD Day 15

199. EVEN!

Previous 214.
Total (WHOO HOO!) 15 pounds lost.


At first, I woke up this morning and the scale said 199.8.  "Same Ol Same Ol".  But?  I noticed that my fingers were really swollen, and they were a bit achy.  "Water!"  So- I had some water.  Peed.  And weighed myself again.  Phew!  199.  Sweet!

I felt good this morning, too.  Really good.

My 3 Amigas and I decided to ditch the house for the day and we went to the YMCA (my gym- their 'play place'.)  I sat in the Chapel Room, lights turned off, and I wrote.  I listened to the awesome arrangement of music I had on my mp3 player.  And I wrote.  I sat still.  I did nothing.  I thought quietly, with out interruption.... and I wrote.  It was sweet.

And then!  I did something I was warned NOT to do.  I 'worked out'.  Just for a little while.  I was careful.  I hopped on the Elyptical, and I made myself take it (sorta) slow.  20 minutes.  That's all.

Ah!   I've missed the Y.  I've missed the time I so truly enjoyed ignoring the world around me, music in my ears, not pulled into so many different directions and needs.  My girls were in great hands; so was I!

Afterward, we headed home.  I was super duper hungry.  My apple was LONG gone.  *LIGHT BULB*  I can eat mexican food.  As long as they can tweak it for me, right?  Yup.  That's right.  We went to El Som, and I was so happy to have pushed the basket of chips in front of the kids while I patiently waited on my water (with lemon). I ordered a 1/2 order of chicken fajita nachos.  Cheese on the side.  Chips on the side.  Which left me with a plate of grilled chicken, peppers, onions, and tomatoes.  Mmmmm!!  My girls ate their quesadillas and burritos, their chips, and the cheese dip.  They LOVED it.  And so did I.  (the only bummer was the inability to measure out the precise weight of the chicken- but!- it was a half order.  I guesstimated that it was fine.

It is still hard feeding my kids breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks- and forcing myself not to munch on their food as I'm preparing it.  But- I'm getting to the point that I have less and less of a struggle.

Today was good.  Hoping for a better tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! I love the fajita nachos, but I order them meatless. When you do it that way, they add spinach. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin!!! That's a great idea. I needed the extra protein, but OH MY- what a sweet alternative for next go 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! I'm thrilled that you figured out you could eat mexican...what a treat!

    ReplyDelete