Wednesday, February 3, 2010

VLCD Day 17

I found out last night that my blood pressure is getting *low*.  I've always stayed at the 120/80 mark, sometimes at the 117/78 mark... but really have maintained a super awesome blood pressure for all of my life. (Um?  Sans the end of my pregnancies- when I jumped up a few notches because I was... PREGNANT!)

I went to Kroger- to get more food- and saw the little BP machine.  Stuck my arm in it- pushed the green button, and waited for it to squeeze the blood out of my arm.  I was tired (read yesterday's post)  and didn't pay too much attention to the discomfort.  And then- I woke up.  117/63 ?????  What?!?!  How is that?  Did it again.  Still low on the diastolic.  Average for the systolic.  Hmmm.  Is that bad?

I'm turning to the Google doctor to tell me what it means:

Systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure falls between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Current guidelines define normal blood pressure as lower than 120/80.


Ok- this means I'm normal.  Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment